Coordinator / Community Facilitator
Position Type: 1 year Parental Leave Contract Position: 30 hours/week
Start Date: November 20th, 2017
Job Region: City of Toronto Location: North York / Scarborough
Probation period: 6 months
Reply by: Friday, October 20th, 2017
Extend-A-Family works in community to support children and youth who have developmental disabilities. We bring people together by inviting and facilitating friendships. We believe that all people belong and have the right to participate in community. We foster public awareness of the gifts and contributions of people with disabilities. www.extendafamily.ca
- Work in partnership with families, community members, agencies and educators to increase community participation and facilitate relationships for children and youth with disabilities.
- Assist families in accessing appropriate community supports including education.
- Assist families to develop support networks with their family member.
- Facilitate friendship circles in inclusive school settings and family/caregiver support circles.
- Facilitate a network of support for parents planning for the future of their adult children. – additional hours attached to the network of support.
- Create opportunities for full citizenship and participation in community.
- Foster public awareness of the gifts and contributions that people with disabilities bring to the neighbourhood and community.
- University degree or College diploma.
- Self-motivated, team player with a strong belief in community inclusion.
- Professional and personal life experience relevant to the position.
- Excellent written, verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office 365).
- Demonstration of leadership, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Experience in group facilitation.
- Proven experience in effective network and relationship building, outreach and community development.
- Ability to work flexible 30 hours per week (some evening and weekends).
- A vulnerable sector police check and references are required.
- Ability to balance time skillfully between family support and administrative tasks.
- Proficiency in French or another second language is an asset.
- First Aid and CPR ‘C’ is a requirement.
Staff are required to work from a home office. A valid G driver’s license, business use insurance coverage, and regular use of a reliable vehicle are required for this position. Salary commensurate with experience.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Due to the volume of inquiries, phone calls and email questions will not be entertained. Only interview candidates will be contacted. Prospective candidates are required to indicate in their cover letter, how they meet the job requirements. Interested applicants should email a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating position, source and quoting job number 3356.
Note: your resume will not be viewed if the above job number is not stated in the subject line of your emailed resume.
For a printable version of this position advertisement, click here.
- When Extend-A-Family staff job opportunities become available, they will be posted here. Thank you for your interest!
- Please click here for Extend-A-Family volunteer opportunities!